Monday, November 22, 2010

Reviving Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my fave Vampire TV Series.  The first Vampire TV Series that I had watched from the beginning until the end of its season.  As I remembered, I hate how it ended.  I was expecting more from its ending.  Well, it happened awhile ago that I read an article here in the net about the reviving of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie that was filmed in 1992.  As soon as I’ve finished reading it, I felt the urge to search for the 1992 film because I haven't had the chance to watch it before. I am just excited about the news.  I hope it will be a great one. 

Warners revives 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'
Original film debuted in 1992, spun off to TV
By DAVE MCNARY


Warner Bros. is rebooting "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" with Atlas Entertainment.
Studio announced Monday that it's set up the project with Atlas Entertainment's Charles Roven and Steve Alexander producing along with Doug Davison and Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment.

Whit Anderson is scripting.

Warner optioned the feature right from creators Fran and Kaz Kuzui and Sandollar Prods.
"Buffy" first appeared as a feature for Fox in 1992 and spun off into the long-running TV series.
Roven said he's not disclosing the logline for the new "Buffy."

"Whit approached us with an exciting idea about how to update Buffy," said Roven. "There is an active fan base eagerly awaiting this character's return to the big screen. We're thrilled to team up with Doug and Roy on a re-imagining of Buffy and the world she inhabits. Details of the film are being kept under wraps, but I can say while this is not your high school Buffy, she'll be just as witty, tough, and sexy as we all remember her to be."

Anderson is represented by CAA and Wirehouse Entertainment.

Contact Dave McNary at dave.mcnary@variety.com


 the article got from this link:


No comments: