Yema is one of my fave candy that can be easily cooked. This can be seen in any sari-sari stores here in the country. Last night due to boredom and lack of activities, I decided to be productive by making Yema. I was thinking of yema balls but it's too tiring to do, so i prefer yema only. I'll just instruct here the recipe of plain yema.
Ingredients to be needed:
1 can of condensed milk
5 egg yolks (mix)
2 tbsp. of unsalted butter
5 tbsp. of cooked peanut (crushed)
1. Heat the pan in a low heat.
2. Place the butter and let it melt.
3. Pour the condensed milk. Stir for 3 minutes.
4. After three minutes, pour the egg yolks then stir... Stir it constantly.
5. After the condensed milk and egg yolks are stirred very well. Put the crushed peanuts on it.
6. Continuously stir the mixture until it already thickens. Just remove it from the pan when you get the right texture.
7. Scoop it in a bite size and wrap in any colorful cellophane. (Optional)