Tuesday, April 6, 2010

NARS (Nurse's Assigned in Rural Service) Project

What the heck?!  I've been out from blogging for more than a year now!  Well, I know it's my fault.  Eventhough, I love writing as in blogging now :-), I still fashion this thing aside from photography.  It's just that, I was deployed in our hometown province to serve as a Rural Health Nurse for six months last year of April and until the last day of September...  The experience I had was one of the highlights of my nursing profession.  I am so glad, I was one of the chosen one. hehehe... Well, I've got here my intro to my journal that I passed as a completion of my work as NARS Project Trainee.


Traffic what really made me bored while I was driving along the highway of EDSA Cubao.  Then, I decided to change the station of my radio into AM frequency.  I listened to the flashed report of DZMM that was about the NARS or Nurse’s Assigned in Rural Service Project of Dept. of Labor and Employment. 
As what the reporter said, with the pump priming strategies to mitigate the impact of the global financial crisis, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo launched the Nurses Assigned in Rural Service (NARS) Project on the 9th of February, 2009 during the Multi-Sectoral Summit on "Joining Hands against the Global Crisis" in Malacanang Palace, Manila.  As what the qualifications were:  With valid nurse’s license issued by the PRC; Not over 35 years old; Resident of the identified municipalities; And no nursing-related practice for the past 3 years. 
On that moment, I thought of giving it a chance since I am qualified for that project and I want to gain experience as a rural nurse.  So, on that night, I applied online by visiting their site www.nars.dole.gov.ph I filled-up the designated blanks and I chose my hometown LEZO, which is a small town in the province of Aklan.
March 27, I received an electronic mail from DOLE, congratulating me for being one of the successful applicants.  I was elated on that time as I read the e-mail.  I can’t believe that I am one of them…  So, I told my parents that I will be going home in our hometown coz’ I was chosen as one of the nurse’s assigned for the NARS Project to serve my hometown as a rural health nurse. 
On March 31, I arrived in Kalibo airport.  I am happy because atlas, I am back in our hometown to do my job as a community nurse and as to promote health to the people in our hometown.
         

No comments: