Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cartoon characters in Facebook

One of my friend in facebook sent me this message a few days ago.  

"“Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, December 6, there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories! This is for a campaign against violence on children.”
                                             
After a few minutes, my profile picture was changed into the picture of Care bear, Love-a-lot.  Nowadays, I can't seem to see any of these cartoon characters in TV, films and/or as stuffed toys.  I just missed them alot and it brings back all my childhood memories with them.  They were just adorable and seeing them again by goggling made me craved to look for more of my favorite cartoon characters.  And a few hours more, my profile picture changed to Archie and Veronica from Archie Comics.  Well, just found out then that Archie chose Veronica over Betty.  Well, i'm an avid fan of Archie comics.  I've had lots of it before but I just given it away for my younger cousins.  This campaign is until Monday, December 6.  So, I still have more days to change my profile pictures of all of my fave cartoon characters.

I've seen on my facebook newsfeed that many of my friends were thinking what the heck is going-on in Facebook that everybody's changing their profile pic unto a cartoon characters. The objective for this is to spread social awareness against Violence on Children around the world. Cartoon characters were chosen because it could bring back good old memories of our childhood. And for me, it really does.  

Let's support the fight against domestic violence on children!

I've inserted this video just a reminder how cruel it could be...  Some of us had seen and heard someone on this situation... I know how saddened you were.  I hope everyone of us who knew someone who are victims of this crime could report this to the authorities.  Let's help the children, live for a better place. 

No comments: