Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Excelente Chinese Cooked Ham


Ham is always been on our dining table for holidays.  I've been a fan of hams especially the one which is called "fresh ham" , an uncured ham.  My mom definitely cooks it during these holidays and those cured hams are only given as gifts by my parents' friends. 

Excelente Chinese Cooked Ham is very popular and it's always featured during holidays in the TV news.  Due to its popularity,  I went to their shop in Palanca St., Quiapo last week just to buy for it.  I got a one whole of ham (on the picture) which priced at 900+++ for just a little bit more than a kilo.  It's still quite hot when I got it so, it definitely tells that it is newly cooked.  

I've tasted it when I got home and it's a bit sweeter with a hint of saltiness.  The meat is tender and juicy because of being freshly cooked.  Well, definitely I more dig this ham than the other cured hams available in the market.  But, certainly, I'm still a big fan of my mom's fresh ham. :)




No comments: