Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Is it love or infatuation???

Is it love or infatuation???

Is it love or infatuation???

August 17th, 2005 by redgracei
Those two words… It kept bugging me all night long.  Well, it started when I met this guy from a chat room wherein we chatted just like a normal chat as I always had with my other chat mates. I gave my celfon no. coz’ he asked for it and then he asked again for my landline no., I hesitated to give… but he wanted it badly. So, I told him that I’ll be the one to get his number and I’ll call him… Fair enough huh! After we had chatted nicely online… We continued our chat over the phone.  We got to know each other well coz’ we had been chatting from 2am til 4am… I’ve been used to do that with my former chat mates too.  But you know for this guy, having that 2 hrs. chatting… He thought that we are having “something”… After it happened he kept on texting me some quotes and kept me bugging for his undying text of … Wer u?… Musta k n?… Kumain k n b?… tawag k nman d2… well, stuffs like that…  It was fine with me receiving those kinds of messages… but for Pete’s sake… he is not my bf!!!…  (he was acting like one…)  Well, as a good girl, I still befriended him inspite of his being “makulit”. So, we still had our chat sessions again… Then I decided to meet him up just to see each other personally I don’t want to stick for just a  phone chat… And I feel that he was too drawn  to me already… So, to make it stop.  I met him up at SM Meg, we just had a little chat. Coz’ it seems that he was too shy and a bit of nervous.  (thank God he’s cute!!! Hahaha) Well, after that eyeball… he still kept on texting me… kept on telling me how he felt bout’ me… I am sick and tired hearing those lines again and again… he said he loves me but I told him that it was just an infatuation… But he insisted that he was really in love… hayyy…
Simple Infatuation: is often called a "crush" or "puppy love."  It commonly strikes those in the early teens or younger.  Usually the object of infatuation is some highly idealized person who is some years older - a teacher, an uncle or aunt, a friend of the family, an actor or actress.  Simple infatuation seldom lasts long.  But infatuated people may be greatly moved with emotion.  They spend a great deal of time in daydreams and wishful fantasies.
Romantic Infatuation: is often called "romantic love" or simply "love."  It is a mix of sex and emotion - not genuine love at all.  It will not support a marriage.  It also leads to idealizing the person, having a much stronger sex interest in each other, and justifying a premature marriage.  Romantic infatuation is therefore very dangerous because people will easily fool themselves to act out their intense feelings and sex urges.  Romantic infatuation is "false love," but it may develop into real love, but it will take a lot of time.
Sex Interest: is a deep biological drive that seeks erotic expression.  It is possible for people to enjoy sex with someone, yet have absolutely no other interest in them except sensual satisfaction.
Real Love: exists when your strong tender feelings for the other are balanced by reason and deep respect.  You care just as much for the other person’s welfare and fulfillment as you do for your own.  Judgments about the person are quite objective and rational.  The two of you have many values and ideas in common.  You share similar goals and ideals.  All these factors will probably be able to support and sustain a happy relationship over a long period of time.  If you’re infatuated, your emotions will be in charge.  In real love, your reason is ruling your emotions.  However, REAL LOVE and ROMANTIC INFATUATION are easily confusing people because they have one thing in common - strong feelings of attachment to the other person.  Moreover, people in real love have some degree of infatuation and infatuated people have some degree of real love.

No comments: